Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No Excuses, No Settling!!

40, wiser, prepared, and no longer willing to settle, that's where I stand at this stage of the game. As I approach 40, in less than 30 days, I realize that settling is no longer an option. You see, for many of us we settle in earlier stages of our lives. We often call it compromising, hmph, I laugh, in reality we've simply convinced ourselves that there was nothing better, no other option. When in fact the truth of the matter is that the options are endless, unlimited. The limits are usually self-imposed. Hmmmm, your wheels are turning. Either you're giving this some consideration or you've just gotten an attitude, immediately upset that I'd even suggest such a thing.

You may have settled for a job that really didn't serve your passion, a career that others thought was best for you, a relationship that was never really good for you, but it sometimes felt good to you... mmmm hmmm I know all about it. When is enough enough? When do we draw the line in the sand, and decide to live the life that we truly want to live? You do realize that life is short? There are no promises of tomorrow. There aren't even promises of later this evening.

On my journey to Fabulous, 40, and Financially Free I have a made up mind. I've decided that I cannot be Fab-U-lous or Free if I'm not true to myself; thus, no more settling. Now this can't simply be confined to theory. I must apply it to my daily life if it's actually going to have an impact on my life. This leg of the journey is all about transition for me. What's it about for you? Is all well in your world, or is there room for improvement, which is contingent upon change? Stop settling!! We're coming down the home stretch to 40! Let's make sure that the next few decades we're given are treated as the blessing that they are!!

No, it's not too late for you to go back to school, write your book, fall in love with the right one, change your career, or build your financial legacy!! Through this Fab, 40, Free year I want you to dance with me to one of my chosen theme songs, Ms. Mary J. Blige's "Just Fine"!! Live your life to the absolute fullest!! No excuses, no settling, singing, "Feels so good when you're doing all the things that you wanna do. Get the best outta life treat yourself to something new! Keep your head up high, in yourself, believe in you, believe in me."- Mary J. Blige-

By the end of this 40th year I want you to act like Mary J. and say, "I won't change my life. My life's just fine!!" Knowing all the while that your life is Fab-U-lous…



No comments:

Post a Comment